Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Can we pretend that airplanes....

in the night sky.. are like shooting starsssssssss.



When I hear this song, I can't help but think of this one night.. as a child, it seemed like this large vast world was so out of reach... but believing in the world's integrity seemed so natural and thoughtless that you just knew making a wish on a shooting store meant your wish will come true. 

That night I was 12, my friend and I were walking down my street and suddenly this shooting star zoomed across the night sky... what did I wish for?  "I wish Michael Salas becomes my boyfriend."  -- the next day at school... guess who became my boyfriend?  TRUE STORY.

No offense to Michael (obviously the romance was short-lived -- couldn't even look at each other the whole entire relationship)... but dang.. I wish I wished for something - for lack of better words - better!

So the other day.. as an adult.. listening to songs about airplanes and shooting stars.. I thought.. I should make a paper plane.. then realized "oh shit.. i forgot how to make paper planes!"

so instead.. I made a necklace for my beautiful niece, who is 4yrs old, inspired by.. non other than being a child, making paper airplanes and wishing on shooting stars.





That really took me back to the day....

Love,
Mazel

4 comments:

  1. CUTE! I'm sure she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Shantelligent and Brittany!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I read this and brought tears to my eyes!! I don't know if its because I was once a little girl wishing on shotting stars or its because Isau is fortunate to wear this piece...*tear*

    ReplyDelete